Sunday, October 7, 2012

AX2012 : Move label file between environments

Hi Friends,
Recently, I moved label file from one environment to another environment.I referred to various sources before doing this activity and found the below as most recommended method:

  • Create a dummy model.
  • Move the existing label file to dummy model.
  • Delete the dummy model using Axutil commands.
  • Restart AOS.
  • Import the label file.
  • Restart AOS.

However even after performing the above mentioned steps, I was still not able to view the updated labels. While playing around I found the following solution which I want to share with you all:

  • Delete the *.ali file for the specific label Id, from the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\"Your Application name"\bin\Application\Appl\Standard"
  • Restart AOS
When I reopened the client, I was able to see the updated labels.

P.S. --> The above information is based on my experience and does not guarantee the results in general. Please take essential backups before performing the above task in your environment.

Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment